Did you know that including video in email marketing can boost click-through rates by as much as 300%? And, according to studies, video can increase conversions by up to 80%. That’s why more and more businesses are using video in their email marketing campaigns. In this blog post, I’ll discuss the benefits of video in email marketing and how to use it to engage subscribers and increase conversions.
Benefits of Video in Email Marketing
Video is a powerful tool that can be used to increase engagement, build relationships, and drive conversions. When used in email marketing, video can:
- Increase click-through rates: Including video in email can boost click-through rates by as much as 300%.
- Increase conversion rates: Video can increase conversion rates by up to 80%.
- Build relationships: Video allows you to build deeper relationships with your subscribers by providing a more personal connection.
Building Engagements With Video in Email Marketing
There are several ways to use video in email marketing to engage subscribers and increase conversions. Here are some quick simple ideas to get started using video in email marketing:
- Include a video in your welcome email: A welcome video is a great way to introduce yourself and your business to new subscribers.
- Send a video thank-you: Sending a video thank-you is a personal touch that can show your appreciation for customers’ business.
- Create an instructional video: An instructional video can be used to teach subscribers how to use your product or service.
Email Applications that Support Video in Email Marketing
Not all email applications support video, but there are a few that do:
- Apple Mail: Apple Mail supports video playback on iOS devices.
- Gmail: Gmail supports video playback on Android devices.
- Outlook: Outlook supports video playback on Windows Phone devices.
Optimizing Video for Email
When optimizing video for email, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- File size: Keep video file sizes small to avoid exceeding email file size limits.
- Thumbnail image: Use an engaging thumbnail image that will entice subscribers to click on the video.
- Subject line: Write a subject line that will grab attention and make subscribers want to watch the video.
Embedding Video in Email Using HTML
To embed video in email using HTML, you’ll need to use a video hosting service that supports video embedding. Some popular video hosting services that support video embedding are:
- YouTube: You can embed videos in your email. To do so, simply get the embed code for the video you want to include in your email and paste it into the email’s HTML.
- Vimeo: Allows you to embed videos in your email. To do so, go to the video you want to include in your email and click on the “Share” button. Then, click on the “Embed” tab and copy the embed code. Finally, paste the embed code into your email’s HTML.
- Wistia: Also allows you to embed videos in your email. To do so, select your video, next select “Embed & Share”. Select the email marketing provider, then copy the code. Finally, paste the embed code into your email’s HTML.
Using Video Thumbnails in Email
Another way to use video in email is to include a video thumbnail. A video thumbnail is an image that represents the video. When subscribers click on the image, they are taken to a video page where they can watch the video.
To create a video thumbnail, you’ll need to:
- Upload your video to a video hosting service.
- Create an image that represents the video.
- Add the image to your email.
When subscribers click on the image, they are taken to the video page.
Using Animated GIFs in Email
Animated GIFs are a fun and easy way to add video to email. Animated GIFs are simply video clips that have been turned into GIF images. To create an animated GIF, you’ll need to:
- Upload your video to a video hosting service.
- Convert the video into an animated GIF using a video-to-GIF converter.
- Add the GIF to your email.
Best Practices for Video in Email Marketing
When using video in email, there are a few best practices to keep in mind:
- Ensure small file sizes: Keep video file sizes small to avoid exceeding email file size limits.
- Use engaging thumbnail images: Use thumbnail images that will entice subscribers to click on the video.
- Meet subscriber needs: Make sure the video is relevant to your subscribers and meets their needs. Do they prefer animated GIFs, video, or static images? Use testing to track open and clicks (which helps you find out which they prefer most).
- Keep video short and engaging: Keep videos short and to the point to keep subscribers engaged.
The Impact of Video in Email Marketing
Video in email marketing is a powerful tool that can have a positive effect on subscriber engagement and conversions. When used correctly, video can be an effective way to communicate with subscribers and keep them interested in your product or service. Without question, this has a direct impact on your top-line sales!
Consider the following findings:
Before buying at a store, 50% of shoppers look for a video about the product (or service) first.
Emails using the word “video” in their subject lines have a 7% higher open rate (over email that don’t).
Using videos in sales emails, has an open rate that’s 16% higher, as well as a 26% increase in replies.
Click through rates are increase by up to 300% when the email contains a video.
Using video in email marketing is a great way to engage subscribers and increase conversions. By following the best practices above, and ensuring your video content is effective, you can ensure your video email marketing campaigns are successful.