How do you invite guest bloggers? Are you looking for ways to increase the quality and quantity of your blog content? If so, then guest blogging may be just what you need. Guest blogging is a great way to get high-quality content from experts in your field, while also growing your blog’s reach and building relationships with other bloggers. In this post, I’ll discuss why guest blogging is important, how to find and invite guest bloggers, how to contact potential guest bloggers, and what to include in your pitch email. I’ll also provide guidelines for guest bloggers and tips for promoting your guest blog post. So let’s get started!
Why Guest Blogging is Important.
If you’re a content creator, you know how important it is to have fresh, original content on your site. But sometimes it can be tough to come up with new ideas or keep the quality of your content high. That’s where guest blogging comes in – You’ll want to invite guest bloggers, to help build your content. Inviting other writers to contribute to your blog is a great way to get fresh perspectives and ideas. Plus, it can help build your brand and grow your audience.
Of course, it’s not enough just to invite any blogger to write for you. You want to make sure they’re a good fit for your site and that their work will be valuable to your readers. So how do you go about finding and how to invite guest bloggers? Here are a three basic tips:
- Conduct exploration. There are lots of bloggers out there, so take some time to invite guest bloggers who write on topics related to your own site. Once you’ve found a few potential candidates, take a look at their writing to see if it’s a good fit for your needs.
- Get in touch. Once you’ve found a few bloggers you’d like to invite, get in touch with them and let them know about your idea. Be sure to give them all the relevant details, such as what kind of post you’re looking for and when you need it by.
- Make it easy for them. The easier you make it for guest bloggers, the more likely they are to say yes! Provide clear guidelines and deadlines, and if possible offer help with promoting their post once it goes live.
Inviting guest bloggers can be a great way to get fresh content for your site. Just be sure to do your research beforehand and make it easy for them to say yes!
How to Find and Invite Guest Bloggers.
There are a few different ways that you can go about finding and learning how to invite guest bloggers for your blog.
Start by looking within your own network. Do you know any other bloggers who might be interested in writing for your site? If so, reach out and see if they’re interested.
Use social media to search for people you may want to invite as guest bloggers. Twitter is a great platform for connecting with other bloggers. Use hashtags such as #guestblogger or #guestpost to find potential writers.
Once you’ve found some potential guest bloggers, it’s time to reach out and make your pitch to invite guest bloggers. Tell them why you think they would be a good fit for your blog and what type of article you’re looking for. If they’re interested, provide them with all the information they need to get started, such as your blog’s guidelines and deadlines.
How to Contact Potential Guest Bloggers.
If you’re looking to broaden your reach and tap into new audiences, inviting guest bloggers to contribute to your site is a great way to do it. But how do you go about reaching out to potential guest bloggers? Here are the steps you need to take:
- Do your research. Make sure you’re familiar with the blogger’s work and that their style would be a good fit for your site.
- Reach out. The best way to contact potential guest bloggers is via email or social media. Direct messages tend to get lost in the shuffle, so make sure your request stands out.
- Make it clear what your audience wants. Be specific about what kind of post you’re looking for and how long it should be. This will save everyone time and frustration down the road.
- Explain what’s in it for them. Guest blogging is a great way for bloggers to get exposure for their work, so make sure you highlight the benefits of contributing to your site.
Thank them in advance. A little appreciation goes a long way when you invite guest bloggers! Expressing your gratitude upfront will make the blogger feel appreciated and might be more likely to say yes to your request – Or refer you to other guest bloggers that may be a better fit.
What to Include in Your Pitch Email.
When you’re ready to ask someone to write a guest post for your blog, it’s important to include all the necessary information in your email pitch. Here’s a helpful list of what to include when you invite guest bloggers:
- A brief introduction of yourself and your blog. Be sure to include links to your blog and social media accounts so the person you’re contacting can get a sense of your online presence.
- An explanation of why you’re reaching out. What is it about their work that caught your attention? Be specific and sincere in your praise.
- The topic or topics you’d like them to write about. If you have a specific post in mind, include details about what you’re looking for. If you’re open to ideas, give them a general idea of the kind of content that would be a good fit for your blog.
- Any guidelines they should keep in mind. Include things like word count, audience, tone, etc.
- The date you need the guest post by.
- Thank them for their time and let them know how to get in touch with you if they have any questions or are interested in writing a guest post for your blog.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be sure to make a good impression and increase the chances that the person you’ve contacted will say yes to your invitation.
What to Do After You’ve Secured a Guest Blogger.
Now that you’ve enticed a guest blogger to write for your site, how do you make sure they have a good experience and want to come back? Here are a few things to keep in mind:
First, how you invited them matters. Follow up, be clear about what you expect from the post they’re going to write and give them specific guidelines. But also make sure they know how much freedom they have to be creative. The last thing you want is a bored or frustrated guest blogger.
Second, be responsive to their questions and concerns. If they need help with anything, be there for them. This will make the process smoother and more enjoyable for both of you.
Finally, take the time to promote their post once it’s published. Show your appreciation for their contribution by sharing it with your audience and amplifying their reach. A little promotion can go a long way in making sure they want to write for you again in the future.
It helps if you can show them some public appreciation as well. Use social media and your own network circle to praise them!
Guidelines for Guest Bloggers.
As blog publishers, we invite guest bloggers to enter into our online space and share their voice with our audience. Here are some guidelines to have in place before inviting guest bloggers to contribute to your blog:
- Clearly state how you would like to be contacted – provide an email address or automated contact form.
- Outline what kind of topics or themes you are interested in featuring.
- Let them know how long you would like their article to be, and whether you have a preference for how it is formatted (e.g., short paragraphs, headings, etc.).
- Indicate how soon you need their piece – if it’s for a specific event or campaign, provide the date.
- Advise them on what kind of rights you require – for example, do you need exclusive rights to publish their article?
- Finally, tell them what you can offer in return – this could be exposure on your website or social media channels, or even payment if your budget allows.
Naturally, it’s important to add, edit, change guidelines to meet the needs of your blog and audience. The key is to always be friendly, open, fair, and professional.
Bonus Strategy: It’s a good idea to (dare I say a “must”) to include an author bio for each guest writer, on your blog.
How to Promote Your Guest Blog Post.
When you invite guest bloggers, it helpful to have a plan in place to promote the blog content they write for your audience. If you’re looking for ways to promote your new guest blog article, below are 10 of the best strategies. You’ll want to be selective of which you use, based upon the content your guest blogger provided:
- Share it on social media. This is a great way to get the word out to your followers and help generate some initial traffic. Share your blog post on all of your social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) and don’t forget to include a call-to-action, like “Click here to read the full post.”
- Email your list. If you have a mailing list, let your subscribers know about your new article. They’re likely to be interested in reading it and may even share it with others. Include a link in your email so that people can easily click through to read the full post.
- Reach out to influencers. If there are any influential people in your industry who you think would be interested in your article, reach out to them and let them know about it. They may be willing to share it with their followers.
- Submit it to article directories. This can help drive traffic to your article as well as give it some additional exposure.
- Add it to your blog’s sidebar. Adding a link to your latest article in the sidebar is a great way to promote it and encourage visitors to check it out.
- Mention it in forum signatures. If you participate in any online forums, adding a link to the guest post in your signature is a good way to promote it every time you post. Also, I’ve found using sites like Quora tend to work well when including snippets of the guest post with a link back.
- Consider advertising. Another way to promote your own articles is to leverage advertising on platforms like Google, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. Many bloggers are always on the lookout for new content, so this can be a great way to get some exposure for your article. naturally this is only an option for some specific situations.
- Give presentations or webinars related to your article topic. If you’re able to give presentations or webinars on the topic of the guest post, make sure you include a link back to the post, on your slides or in the description, so that people can easily find it and read it later.
- Include a call-to-action at the end of other related blog posts. Encourage readers to surf to the new guest post, by including a call-to-action at the end of each related blog post.
- Promote it offline. Don’t forget that you can also promote the guest post offline by mentioning it in conversations, handing out materials with the URL printed on them, or even including a QR code that people can scan to quickly find and read the guest post online.
How to Say Thank You to a Guest Blogger.
When someone takes the time to write a guest blog post for you, it’s important to show your appreciation. A simple thank-you note goes a long way. But if you really want to make an impact, take the time to write a personal message expressing how much you enjoyed their piece and how you feel it added value to your site. If possible, include a link back to their blog or website so they can see the recognition their work is getting. And of course, be sure to share the post on social media and tag them in it!
By following these tips, you can make sure your guest bloggers feel appreciated and valued – which is exactly how they should feel.
To add some perspective, so you can understand some of the motivations of a guest poster. The video below can add some further insight.
Guest blogging can be a great way to build relationships with other bloggers, get your content in front of new readers, and increase traffic to your blog. But before you start inviting guest bloggers, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In this article, I’ve outlined how to find guest bloggers, how to contact them, and what to include in your pitch email. I’ve also provided guidelines for guest bloggers, as well as some tips on how to say thank you. By following these tips, you can make sure the experience of your guest bloggers is a positive one for both you and your guests.
You can learn much more about guest blogging, by visiting my Blogs and Blogging posts, as well as find answers to other questions.