The question of which email marketing best practises are a good way to go for affiliate marketing actually has no straightforward answer. If done correctly, it can be a great tool to push product and drive revenue. But there are some things you need to know first. And even if you do get the basics right, it’s not always easy to see immediate returns.
The problem is that many affiliate programs don’t have their own email marketing strategies in place. And without one, they don’t know what to expect or where to go with emailing further down the line.
This post aims to give you a head start with email marketing. It’ll help you understand what can be achieved through affiliate email marketing and how to do it right from the outset.
So let’s get started!
Why Email Marketing?
Email marketing is a tried and tested method of communication for marketers across almost all verticals. And that includes affiliate programs looking to promote goods and services online.
It has its benefits over email, such as:
- It can be used to communicate with a large audience, personalizing and targeting them effectively.
- You can use email to build trust and relationships over time with regular updates and new content. This helps you become more of an authority in your field and build traction on email marketing best practices.
- It can be used to introduce products and services over time, maximizing the opportunity to convert email subscribers into customers.
These are all things that email marketing is beneficial for when it comes to affiliate marketing. And they’re all great reasons why email should form part of your strategy in some way or another.
However, email marketing is only going to be as good as your email strategy. And this doesn’t just mean having email in place – it means developing a system for emailing so that you can see the best results possible from your efforts – After all this is the whole point of email marketing best practices, no?
In order to have email marketing work well for affiliate programs, there are some basics that need covering first…
How often should email be sent out?
In order to make email marketing work, you need to email regularly. It’s a good idea to aim for at least once a month – but this obviously depends on how many email updates you tend to send in that month.
It’s worth keeping in mind that this is going to have an effect on your email deliverability. It’s not good email marketing practice to email too often, but at the same time it’s important to email often enough that your email subscribers can remember you.
This may mean emailing every week when you first start emailing with a new list of subscribers, scaling back once they’ve had a chance to get used to and trust your email marketing best practices.
What email format should be used?
In email marketing, the email subject line is key. It’ll make or break whether someone actually opens up and reads your email – so it’s important to spend time crafting a good one that will grab their attention .
The content of the email won’t matter much if the email subject line isn’t enticing enough to make email subscribers click through and read what you emailing about.
As such, email content should always be kept as high-value as possible. Regularly emailing links with discount codes is a great way to entice email subscribers to actually click on your links and generate affiliate revenue.
What email copy should be used?
The body of the email will also play a big part in whether you see a good response from your efforts or not. So it’s important to include specific calls to action that tell people exactly what they need to do next .
Including something like “Click here to claim your exclusive offer” is much more beneficial than simply saying “Check out my promotion!” (for example).
This is effective email marketing best practices, as it tells the email subscriber’s what you want them to do next – without any guess work.
How can email be used to generate sales?
It’s possible to use email marketing in numerous different ways to generate sales for affiliate programs. But there are some basic ideas that are worth considering first:
- Provide email updates on new products and services before they’re available anywhere else. This helps build trust and encourages email subscribers to come back for more information about your latest products or services. You can also include discounts or bonus offers that aren’t publicly advertised anywhere else just to entice email subscribers further. Just make sure customers know they’re not being duped into buying something by hiding important details.
- Offer email subscribers exclusive deals and discounts. If email subscribers enjoy your email content enough that they want to read more, then offering them an incentive for doing so is a great way to encourage repeat business and build email lists fast. This should be done sparingly though – as sending too many email updates just with discount codes or special offers can result in your email list becoming unresponsive if those offers aren’t of interest to the email subscribers on your list.
- Include links within emails that allow email subscribers to sign up for new services or sign up as affiliates quickly and easily. The easier you make it for people to take advantage of the affiliate programs you’re advertising, the better response rate you’ll see from email marketing best practices.
Your associate programs email marketing best practices
When emailing email subscribers to promote affiliate links, there are a few email marketing best practices that will help you maximize your email campaign’s effectiveness:
- Make sure all email updates include an informative message in addition to the affiliate link. People read emails for information – so providing it alongside your promotional content is very important. You can also use this space to introduce new products or services if you haven’t done so before within email updates.
- Write friendly, conversational email subject lines that people want to open up. Your email subject line is the most important part of your email – especially if it’s promoting affiliate deals or discount codes. If people aren’t excited about what they see when they open up email updates, then they’re not going to be clicking on the affiliate links you email them about.
- Keep email body content short and easy to read, but still full of value. If email subscribers don’t have enough time to read email content, they’re not going to want to click on affiliate links within email updates. To get around this, ensure all email content follows short email marketing best practices by keeping email body text easy to scan if the email subscriber is in a hurry.
- Make sure email subscribers have access to your services 24/7 whenever possible. If you only promote affiliate offers or discount codes during business hours, then your email list will be worthless when customers are ready to buy after business hours or on weekends. Promoting affiliate networks that allow for automated responses at all times of the day can help you generate more sales from email lists.
- Include other promotional methods with your email marketing efforts if necessary. You don’t want people seeing email marketing as the only promotional email you send – email subscribers will quickly become annoyed if they have to receive email updates from you every time you only want to promote a new product or affiliate link.
Of course we can include email links within web content, social network updates and blog posts to increase email clicks. But it’s not enough to simply include email links in email marketing best practices emails – you have to generate email clicks for your email list no matter where people access your email updates. This makes it easier for all types of online marketers to build their email lists.
Can you put affiliate links in emails?
Yes, email marketing best practices allow for the inclusion of affiliate links in email updates. As long as email subscribers are aware that the email content includes promotional affiliate links, there shouldn’t be any issue with including these links in email marketing content.
What is affiliate email?
Affiliate email marketing is a type of email marketing that involves the promotion of products or services through email communications. Affiliate email marketing allows businesses to partner with other companies in order to promote their products or services through email communications. This type of marketing can be extremely beneficial for both the affiliate and the business.
Is email marketing good for affiliate marketing?
Yes email marketing is a way of unlocking your email marketing best practices. Email marketing also helps with affiliate marketing because it allows for tracking of email opens and click-throughs, providing a detailed report of how well individual email campaigns are performing. This information can help improve your affiliate marketing!
Google Digital Garage provides a great “Fundamentals of Digital Marketing” course, where they also cover email marketing best practises that we can put into direct use. I’ve completed the course myself as well, and it’s a powerfully awesome amount of knowledge!
Email Marketing for Affiliate Marketers: How to Improve Results
Email marketing for affiliate marketers is one of the most effective tools for any affiliate marketer, because it can be use to substantially increase traffic and conversions. In this blog post, I will discuss how email marketing can help affiliates achieve better results, as well as different types of email campaigns affiliates can use to reach their target audience. I’ll also provide tips for creating an effective email marketing campaign, as well as ways to optimize email marketing campaigns for better performance. Finally, I’ll give affiliates a glimpse into the types of emails they can send to their list and tips on how to boost open and click through rates.
How Can Email Marketing Help Affiliate Marketers
Email marketing can help affiliates in a number of ways. First, email allows you to reach a larger, more targeted, audience than other marketing channels. According to Statista, there are 4.3 billion email users worldwide. That’s a huge potential market for affiliate marketers!
Additionally, email is an extremely cost-effective way to reach your target audience. In fact, email marketing has an ROI of 4200%, which means for every $0.01 spent on email marketing, you can expect to see a return of $42!
Different Types of Email Marketing Campaigns Affiliates Can Use
There are several different types of email campaigns that affiliates can use to reach their target audience and boost conversions. Some of the most popular email campaigns include:
- Welcome emails: A great way to introduce new subscribers to your brand and what you have to offer.
- Abandoned cart emails: Remind customers about items they’ve left behind in their shopping cart and encourage them to complete their purchase.
- Coupon codes and discounts: Drive sales by offering subscribers exclusive coupons and discounts.
- Product recommendations: Introduce subscribers to new products they may be interested in based on their previous purchases.
How to Create an Effective Email Marketing Campaign for Affiliates
Now that we’ve covered some of the different types of email campaigns affiliates can use, let’s take a look at how to create an effective email marketing campaign.
There are several key components that every successful email marketing campaign should have, including:
- A compelling subject line: This is what will encourage recipients to open your email, so make sure it’s interesting and eye-catching.
- High quality content: Your email should provide value to the reader and include relevant images, videos, or infographics.
- A strong call to action: Include a CTA that encourages recipients to take the desired action, whether it’s clicking through to your website or making a purchase.
- A sense of urgency: Use language that creates a sense of urgency and encourages recipients to take action now.
Tips for Optimizing Email Marketing Campaigns for Better Results
There are several things you can do to optimize your email marketing campaigns and improve results. Some tips to keep in mind include:
- Segment your email list: This will allow you to send more targeted, relevant emails to different groups of people on your list.
- Always be testing: Try out different subject lines, email content, calls-to-action, and send times to see what works best for your audience.
- Personalize your emails: Add a personal touch to your emails by addressing recipients by name or using personalized images.
- Consider using email automation: Automated email campaigns can be a great way to nurture leads and make sure they’re getting the information they need when they need it.
Types of Emails Affiliates Can Send to Their List
Now that we’ve covered some tips for creating and optimizing email marketing campaigns, let’s take a look at some of the different types of emails affiliates can send to their list. Some popular email types include:
- Newsletters: A great way to keep subscribers up-to-date on all the latest news and happenings with your brand.
- Blog updates: Share new blog posts with subscribers and give them a sneak peek of what’s to come.
- Product announcements: let subscribers know about new products or services you’re offering.
- ‘How to’ guides: Provide valuable tips and advice on a variety of topics related to your niche.
Tips for Increasing Affiliate Open and Click Through Rates
There are several things you can do to increase the open and click-through rates for your email marketing campaigns. Some tips to keep in mind include:
Keep it short and sweet: Keep your email content concise and to the point.
- Make it visually appealing: Use images, infographics, or videos to break up your text and add visual interest.
- Use engaging subject lines: Write subject lines that are interesting and will make recipients want to open your email. Create subject lines that are an implied call to action!
- Include a call to action that “grabs”: Make it easy for recipients to know what you want them to do next and include a strong CTA.
Email marketing for affiliate marketers can be a great way to drive traffic and sales for affiliates. By using the tips and strategies above, you can create email campaigns that are more likely to achieve success. Experiment with different types of email content and always be sure to test, test, test to see what works best for your audience.
As with most other forms of Internet marketing, a little patience goes a long way when it comes to affiliate marketing programs and email lists. Sending too many promotional emails too quickly can result in your email list’s growth rate slowing down, so email marketing best practices recommend taking a step back and sending email updates more slowly after the initial email list building phases.
If you want a stress free, way to get lots of content for your email marketing campaigns, I do provide professional marketing content for your benefit. This leaves you more valuable time to build your affiliate marketing initiatives!